Social, Community and Environmental Sustainable Development
BLS is committed to running its business along ethical lines and maintaining good governance principles, in concurrence with the awareness of its responsibilities to society and the environment, so ensuring sustainable business development. The Company has made continued efforts to nourish and care for the environment and for society which is in line with the Stock Exchange of Thailand’s policy to encourage the business sector to conduct their business operations in a socially responsible manner, either within or outside the organization, to ensure sustainable development.
Policy in social, community and environmental development
1. Development and Support for Learning: The Company realizes the importance of knowledge-base-building for youth in saving and personal financial management from elementary school to college level.
2. Social, Community and Environmental Development: The Company realizes the importance of maintaining and developing our society, community and environment. This includes charitable activities, social and community services, environmental protection and developing employees’ quality of life.
3. Assistance to Disadvantaged and the Casualty: The Company realizes the importance of providing assistance to disadvantaged and the casualty in order to heal, rehabilitate and develop their skills to live more happily in society.
“Sharing Love with Little Children”
“Sharing Love with Little Children” activity arranged for the second straight year for “Baan Dek Raeron” children by Bualuang staff and BLS-SIP students, with donation of funds and provision of lunch for the children, together with recreational activities including drawing and painting, bean sprouting, playing games, etc.
“Helping Hands to Little Hilltribe Boys and Girls”
Collaboration between Bualuang staff and representatives of the Stock Master Troop 2014 in organizing “Helping Hands to Little Hilltribe Boys and Girls” activity, with provision of scholarships, lunch and necessities to students of Baan Bong Ti Lang Patrol Police School, Kanchanaburi Province.
“We Love Bualuang” Photo Contest
“We Love Bualuang” photo contest organized to enhance employees’ bonding and pride of being “Bualuang” and encourage those who love photo-taking to display photos of their talent. These photos were later displayed on Bualuang New Year cards and as decoration in the Head Office.
“2014 BLS Student Internship Program (BLS - SIP)”
Bualuang’s support and promotion of education through the “2014 BLS Student Internship Program (BLS-SIP)” provided for university students during summer break so that they could experience the real workplace before graduation.
"Donation of office equipment and stuff to the Association of Persons with Physical Disability International"
Donation of office equipment and stuff to the Association of Persons with Physical Disability International.
In addition, throughout 2014, the Company organized several activities to promote the quality of working life of staff members as below:
• “Joining Hearts, Helping Hands to Our Friend” project initiated to raise funds in support of medical treatment for Khun Samart Khammoon who suffered from Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). The total amount raised was Bt. 268,010.
• “Yoga for Better Health of Office Workers” project provided for the second straight year for BLS staff to learn and practice yoga for health improvement and treatment of office syndrome.
• “Bualuang Thai Boxing Class” project provided for the second straight year for BLS staff to learn the martial art of Thai boxing.
• A fitness room made available for staff’s workout during free time off office hours to strengthen their health and reduce risk of illness.
“City Farming of Non-toxic Vegetables”
“City Farming of Non-toxic Vegetables” activity with a speaker from Media Center for Development Foundation – City Farm Baan KhunTa invited to give knowledge and demonstrate how to do city farming of organic vegetables with BLS staff encouraged to join the farming activity.
“Chang-Hua-Mun” Royal Initiative Project
BLS staff’s participation in fish release–banana tree growing activity under the “Chang-Hua-Mun” Royal Initiative Project in Phetchaburi to increase the population of fish and banana trees for the project.
“A Field Trip with Bualuang Securities Family for Ban Dek Raeron Children”
“A Field Trip with Bualuang Securities Family for Ban Dek Raeron Children,” which saw BLS staff bring homeless children to visit the National Geological Museum in Honor of His Majesty KingBhumibol Adulyadej and the Supreme Artist Hall in Pathumthani.
“Bualuang Jogging Rally”
“Bualuang Jogging Rally,” jointly held by BLS staff and trainee students at Lumpini Park to promote good health.
“Tracing Krungsi Ayudhya History”
A photo training activity arranged for BLS staff together with visiting sacred places in Phra Nakhon Sri Ayudhya.
“Join Hands…Sharing X2” project
Donation to Ramathibodi Foundation and Phra Dabos Foundation, to which the funds raised came from the “Join Hands…Sharing X2” project which encouraged BLS customers to redeem their Bualuang iPoints for donation funds and on top of which additional contribution was made by BLS.
“Beautiful Minds Saving Dogs”
BLS staff carrying out the “Beautiful Minds Saving Dogs” to raise funds for purchase of necessities for over 3,000 dogs at the Nakhon Phanom Animal Quarantine Station which accommodated dogs rescued from the dog meat trade.
Donation of Computers to Association of Persons with Physical Disability International
Donation of computers to Association of Persons with Physical Disability International.
“Light for the Blind III” Project
BLS organized the “Light for the Blind III” Project. BLS welcomed the donation of unused calendars or New Year’s greeting cards to the Foundation for the Blind in Thailand under the Royal Patronage of Her Majesty the Queen for recycling into Braille paper for the blind.
“Yoga for Better Health of Office Workers”
“Yoga for Better Health of Office Workers” project provided for BLS staff to learn and practice yoga for health improvement and treatment of office syndrome.
“Bualuang Thai Boxing Class”
“Bualuang Thai Boxing Class” project provided for BLS staff to learn the martial art of Thai boxing.
“Restoring Flooded School to Communities” Project
Bualuang helped restore the school in Pathumthani, namely, Charoenwittaya School, affected by worst flooding last year. The activities run under the “Restoring Flooded School to Communities” project aiming at improvement of schools adapted to be community shelters during the flood to be regularly used as activity centers and thus building sustainable community. Volunteer employees helped painting certain parts of the building of the school, tree planting and doing recreation activity with the children.
“Ngern Thong Khong Mee Ka” Project (Smart Spending and Saving of Money Project)
To instill consciousness and awareness among the youth of the value of saving money, the Company has held creative financial activities which provide financial management knowledge and develop wise spending practices, such as 1. Drawing and painting under the ‘Moral Career of My Dream’ concept, 2. Making income & expenses records, 3. Writing essays under the theme “Savings in Sufficiency Way” theme, and 4. A Career-building project. School children in grades 4-6 from five schools under the supervision of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration joined the project and have learned how to spend and save money wisely through the activities noted above.
“Bualuang Securities Encourages Children to Recycle with Magic Eyes” Project
Bualuang arranged “Bualuang Securities Encourages Children to Recycle with Magic Eyes” Project with the Thai Environmental and Community Development Association (Magic Eyes). The objective was to increase knowledge and understanding and raise social responsibility awareness for environmental conservation, waste reduction and waste management.
1. Employee Training: The objectives of the training were for employees to gain a better understanding of environmental problems and mitigation measures, sound waste management policies.
2. Volunteer Training: The objective of the volunteer training was to enable employees to learn about the roles of volunteers and to encourage them to volunteer to arrange stage performances for schools.
3. Roaming Stage Performances: The Roaming Stage Performances educated audiences about recycling. Roaming Stage Performances were held at 40 schools in the Bangkok Metropolitan Area with about 300 students per school, totaling to 12,000 students.
4. Instruction Media Production: Instruction media, including CDs, posters and an Environmental Conservation Handbook, were provided to schools to aid teaching and environmental campaigning activities for schools or communities.
The benefits from this project are as follows:
- The students who viewed the performances and participated in the program gained a better understanding and awareness of environmental issues and adjusted their behavior accordingly.
- Participating teachers gained a stronger awareness of environmental issues, adjusted their behavior accordingly, so becoming role models for students.
- Bualuang Securities employees gained a better understanding and awareness of environmental issues and adjusted their behavior accordingly in order to preserve the environment, both at work and at home.
- The Company adopted these projects as part of its CSR development, benefiting the public.
“Home Building by Song” Project
Bualuang supported the “Home Building by Song” Project, initiated by the Ministry of Finance, by donating money to repair and rebuild flood victims’ residences. In early 2011, BLS staff assisted in repairing homes for flood victims at Nakorn Ratchasima Province.
"Survival Bags for Flood Victims” Project
Bualuang employees prepared “Bualuang Securities helps flood victims” survival bags containing dry food, drinking water, medicine and other items, for flood victims and gave them to the Thai Red Cross on September 30, 2011. Lieutenant General Amnat Baelee, MD, Director of the Relief and Community Health Bureau of the Thai Red Cross Society, received the “Bualuang Securities helps flood victims” survival bags for distribution to flood victims.
Bualuang collaborated with Bangkok Bank Plc and other companies in the group to distribute survival bags in Ayudhya, Lopburi and Nakorn Pathom provinces
The flooding meant substantial losses for many Thais. Bualuang Securities, a subsidiary of Bangkok Bank, joined with the bank and other companies in the group (Bangkok Insurance Plc, Bangkok Life Assurance Plc, BBL Asset Management Co Ltd, Bumrungrad Hospital Plc) to visit Ayudhya, Lopburi and Nakorn Pathom provinces, which were all severely impacted by the flooding, to distribute survival bags, paper toilets, drinking water and life jackets to flood victims. Moreover, canteens were set up to cook food for flood victims in different remote areas.
“Thai Stock Market Flood Relief Fund” Project
The SET, the Thai Listed Companies Association and other capital market units together set up the “Thai Stock Market Flood Relief Fund” to help flood victims.
Bualuang Securities participated the project by donating money and joining activities by help preparing survival bags for flood victims.
“Coins on Silom” Project
BLS joined as one of the Gold Sponsors of the charitable “Coins on Silom” Community Event, which was organized by the Rotary Club of Bangkok South. The funds raised were donated to Rotary Club of Bangkok South charitable projects across the country. The Rotary Club projects are aimed at benefiting the underprivileged and the disabled-children and youth in particular. The Company is proud to have contributed to the Rotary Club of Bangkok South’s fund-raising effort.
“Singha Broker Cup 2011”
To create harmony and support exercise among staff, the Company together with the Association of Securities Companies, the Stock Exchange of Thailand and other securities companies arranged for a Sevens Football Tournament, the Singha Broker Cup 2011. This year Bualuang won the Division1 Championship.
“Broker Badminton Championship 2011”
To support healthy life styles among employees, Bualuang, together with the Association of Securities Companies, the Stock Exchange of Thailand and other securities companies arranged for a badminton competition, the Broker Badminton Championship 2011. This year, the Company won an award in the cheerleading category.
“Support Interest of Home Loan” Project
In order to alleviate the interest burden of employees’ home loans, Bualuang Securities provided the Support Interest of Home Loan Project for employees.